Collato x Jira
Keeping important details in Jira? Easily import those onto Collato. Simply add information from your Jira as an embedded link in a Collato card or via the Jira icon on the toolbar.
To begin, you will be encouraged to authorize Jira access to Collato. Your authorization is unique to you, so other team members in the Collato organization will not have access to import your issues.
A head’s up: We’re still building up the content browser for Jira. For now, please paste your Jira issue hyperlink.
Once added to your workspace, Collato will take some time to process the issue. Once fully processed, your Jira issue will be searchable.
- How does semantic search work for Jira? Wondering the current status of an issue? Or who is assigned to it? Ask away and get those answers. If the Jira issue has matching content for what you’re looking for, you’ll find it this way too.
- Can I preview my Jira issue? You will soon! In the meantime, if you click on a Jira card on Collato, we’ll direct you to the exact issue in a new tab.
- How will Collato affect my Jira projects? Any changes you make in Jira will reflect on Collato, but not the other way around. What you add or remove on Collato will keep your Jira projects untouched.
- Who can see my imported information? Any content you import from Jira will be shown as a card, visible for team members with access to your Collato workspace. But, when clicked, the team member will only have access to the Jira issue if they have permissions to the Jira organization.
- How long does it take to sync new updates? If any updates are made to your issues, Collato will reflect these changes instantaneously. This even applies to any field changes.
- Why am I asked to reconnect to Jira? For your safety and security, we will ask you to re-authorize Jira access if you have been inactive for a long duration of time. During this long duration of inactivity, Collato’s access token to your Jira organization expires. This expiration mechanism ultimately protects you.
If you have any questions, you can always contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org