Junior Software Engineer
Wel'cone' to Collato 🍦
We're an ambitious team building the future of visual content collaboration 🍨
So here's the scoop: Collato is a collaboration platform where creatives and marketing teams align on visual work – from draft to done! It's designed to be fun and easy for everyone involved. No more email ping pong, endless commenting threads, Dropbox access requests or tedious Zoom meetings. Collato makes teams more productive, keeping communication, workflows and assets in one place. For better transparency and collaboration that feels as joyful as gelato. (Collato, gelato, get it?)
'Visual' is the only language everyone in the world is naturally able to speak - whether you are a pro or amateur, creative or non-creative, freelancer or corporation, Chinese or English speaker, people can easily connect over images, videos or designs. For companies or creatives to operate and grow their business globally, ideas have to be expressed in a universal and compelling way. With visuals. We are hence driven to empower the world to communicate – visually.
We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful software engineers who are passionate about building great products and love being part of an ambitious team.
👩💻💁🏻♂️👩🏽💼 About you (m/w/d)
We believe in people first, not roles first. If we are convinced of you, we will make the job fit you. Not the other way around. It would be great if you could demonstrate the following abilities:
- You love a good challenge even if it's out of your comfort zone. You are eager to learn from others and constantly improve the way you work.
- You're taking pride in writing simple, maintainable code and know how to abstract the right parts to avoid chaos.
- You communicate with empathy and prefer to work in a collaborative environment. If you get stuck, you don't hesitate to ask, and you enjoy a thoughtful discussion with your team.
🌟🔥 It would be super cool, but not required if you:
- Have experience with React and its best practices.
- Have worked with statically typed programming languages like TypeScript.
- Have worked with relational databases like Postgres before.
🤩 Why join us?
- Shape the future of collaboration. Yes, you! Help us develop, build & test collaboration features you love – see your video recording, emoji reactions, or multiplayer collaboration dreams come to life.
- Benefit from real user feedback. At Collato, we are running user tests every two weeks – because learning from people interacting with a feature you've built, is better than a soft serve on a hot day.
- Join a diverse team. 12 people from 10 nationalities. (Almost) the half-half ratio of male and female collaborators. Alpaca-lovers to fitness-freaks. We celebrate our differences and learn a ton about each other.
- Work your preferred way. We don't track hours, office time, or days off. Balance is key. That's our secret sauce for great work.
- Compelling package. You will get shares in our company, as well as attractive compensation.
- Team activities. Ever heard of a "workation"? No? Imagine a week in a sunny place, where we rent a housework, eat and celebrate together. Like Croatia this July – anything is a popsicle.
- Team culture: Read more about our story, our values & the team here.
- Ownership & impact: Drive your own projects forward, make a difference to countless teams working on visual content together. The reward will be so sweet, promise.
📬 How to apply
Forward us your LinkedIn profile to email@example.com and tell us why you would like to work for Collato.